Sai Baba first came to Shirdi in the form of Bal Yogi - a child ascetic. He was first spotted seated under a Neem tree. This place came to be known as Gurusthan. The Gurusthan was renovated on 30th September, 1941. After this the present temple was built. There is a small shrine in Gurusthan. On a elevated platform of this shrine a big portrait of Lord Sai Baba is placed.
On the side is a marble statue of Baba. In front of the portrait is a Shivling and the Nandi. Photos of twelve Jyotirlingas are also kept in the temple. The branches of the Neem tree have come out through the roof of the temple. At a short distance lies Baba's CHAVADI. Baba used to sleep here every alternate day. The Chavadi is divided into two parts.
One part of the Chavadi has a large portrait of Baba along with a wooden bed and a white chair belonging to him. There is a cottage of Abdul Baba, an ardent devotee of Shri Sai Baba, in front of the Chavadi. The Lendi Baug was looked after by Abdul Baba.
There are photos and various things which were handled by Sai Baba and Abdul Baba in the cottage. There is a Maruti Mandir located at some distance from the cottage of Abdul Baba.
This mandir was visited by Baba for the sat-sang with Devidas, a Balyogi, who lived at the Mandir ten to twelve years before Baba arrived. There are also temples of village deities like Shani, Ganpati, and Shankar to be visited.